Passing this on from the VT Agency of Agriculture,, Food, and Markets. I know the timing is tough for apple and grape growers, but it may be good to have a seat at the table.
Public Input Meetings for Agriculture
There are upcoming opportunities on 9/13 and 9/14 to make your voice heard on issues impacting the future of Vermont agriculture:
· Future of Agriculture Public Meeting
- Monday 9/13, 6-8 pm on Zoom – Register Here
- The Governor’s Commission on the Future of Agriculture is seeking ideas and recommendations from stakeholders about how State-level actions can help support food access, a robust local food system, business viability, the next generation of famers, the Vermont brand, and inclusion, diversity, and accessibility of Vermont agriculture.
· VT Climate Council Stakeholder Meeting
- Tuesday, 9/14, 6-8 pm on Zoom – Register Here
- This meeting is for farmers to learn and provide feedback about the proposed climate mitigation pathways, strategies and actions for agriculture in the Vermont Climate Action Plan. The Agriculture & Ecosystem Subcommittee of the Vermont Climate Council is seeking input on the following questions:
- Is the subcommittee on the right track with their approaches?
- What key strategies or ideas are they missing?
- What two or three strategies or ideas are of concern or worry to you?
- How would you improve them to address you concerns?
Applications for Standard Business Grants will be accepted between September 21 and November 1. Grants range from $10,000 to $25,000 for projects such as:
- Infrastructure improvements
- Market development, marketing plans, and sales strategy development
- Enhancing production and/or manufacturing efficiencies
- Research and development
Produce farms have been funded in the past for projects related to cold storage, delivery vehicles, tunnels, wash/pack, solar installation, retail, irrigation, on-farm composting, and more.
Additional Working Lands funding opportunities include:
- Supply Chain Impact Grants ($25,000 – $75,000) – Apply by November 1
- Market Level Infrastructure Impact Grants ($75,000 – $250,000) ) – Apply by November 1
- Producer Association Grants ($10,000 – $20,000)– Apply by November 1
Wishing you the best for the fall harvest season,
Ollie Cultrara (they/them)
Vermont Agency of Agriculture, Food & Markets | 94 Harvest Lane, Williston, VT 05495
Cell: (802) 461-5128 | ollie.cultrara