Less than four weeks away:
Please see the attached agenda and registration form for the 119th Annual Vermont Tree Fruit Growers Association & UVM Apple Program Annual Meeting. This year, the meeting will be hosted by Citizen Cider at their new facility at 316 Pine Street in Burlington, VT. Agenda highlights include:
- Discussions on thinning and plant growth regulator use in orchards by Dr. Duane Greene, University of Massachusetts
- Managing fire blight and apple scab in modern orchards with Dr. Kerik Cox, Cornell University
- A panel discussion on labor issues in Vermont orchards
- Cider and cheese pairing suggestions by food consultant and sensory scientist Dr. Montserrat Almena-Aliste
- An optional post-meeting tour of Citizen Cider’s production facilities
Reduced-rate early registration deadline is February 1, 2015. The meeting is open to anyone, but VTFGA members receive a $10 discount on registration, as well as other benefits. Annual membership renewal, base operations, and research support dues may be made when signing up for registration.
Online registration, including credit card payment, is available here:
For mail in registrations, print the attached form and mail with payment by check to the address listed (also available at: http://www.uvm.edu/~fruit/treefruit/meetings/VTFGA2015MembershipAndRegistrationForm.pdf).
Please feel free to contact me with any questions.