Passed my Drivers Test

Sophia is the driver

Here is a picture of me in the driver’s seat. It was weird for me to be in the car by myself!

I went driving in my neighborhood. It was so much fun being by myself in the car!    

In high school, I took Driver’s Ed. We learned a lot of skills that we would use in real life driving. When I was done with high school I graduated and I went to Think College at UVM in Burlington. I took private diving lessons. I had some good teachers and some bad teachers. One of the teachers was good. That was before Covid. Then she retired from teaching. After that I did not have a good teacher. After a long time we found a different teacher. She was an amazing teacher who was so nice and patient with me and explained everything really well.

I took a lot of lessons with her and learned a lot of skills. 

On Monday, April 10, I had my road test. I was very nervous. I had to show a lot of skills on the road test. I had to show that I could handle the car carefully. I took my time and didn’t go fast.

I had to stop at the line at a red light. I  had to stop and start on the hill. I had to choose a place and show I could do parallel parking. Then I drove back. The tester told me I passed! I was so excited! I was surprised and in shock! I called my sister who was at work to tell her I passed.   My mom took me out to lunch. Then later in the evening we went to get an ice cream cake.

The next weekend I went home and went for a drive in my neighborhood!  

This entry was posted in Think College Commentary. Bookmark the permalink.