This season we have combined the Fall and Winter Newsletter.
In This Issue
- Focus on Agriculture, by Kirsten Workman
- News, Events and Info You Should Know
- Winter Planning for 2021 Farm Risk Management, by Jake Jacobs
- Nitrogen, An Overlooked Macronutrient, by Kirsten Workman
- Transition to Grazing: Farmers Thinking Outside the Box, by Cheryl Cesario
- Giving Credit Where Credit is Due: Farmer’s Practices Make Gains Towards Meeting TMDL, by Kristin Williams
See our highlighted article on Nitrogen management (which will become a series) as a blog post.
Important update on our No-Till, Cover Crop Symposium included in the newsletter:
We have made the difficult decision to forego our annual in-person No-Till and Cover Crop Symposium in order to comply with COVID safety precautions, and keep folks safe and healthy. But we have some other exciting options in the works. The 2021 event was intended to be a partnership between our conference and the Northeast Cover Crop Council’s Annual Conference. The NECC Annual Conference has moved online and will be held on March 4, 2021. Save the date and stay tuned for more details including an agenda which will be posted soon on the http://northeastcovercrops.com/ website. In addition the Champlain Valley Crop, Soil and Pasture and Northwest Crops and Soils Teams are working on bringing the NTCC Symposium ‘hyper-local” by potentially hosting smaller in-person meetings (with remote participation available) to build on the virtual NECCC meeting and fill the void of the NTCC Symposium. If there are topics you’re interested in hearing more about in your locale, reach out to Kirsten at firstname.lastname@example.org and let her know.