Our 3rd Annual No-Till & Cover Crops Symposium:
Our symposium has come and gone but you can find information about it below, including proceedings, links and presentations.
See you next February! Thank you to all our speakers and participants for a great symposium!
Please respect primary authorship of presentations and research.
Check out our proceedings, full of useful information from our speakers.
–> NTCC Proceedings_2016
- John Kemmeren, a NY dairymen with 40 years of no-till experience on his 200 head dairy farm. He will share successes and challenges of no-till and cover cropping.
- Dr. Kevin Bradley, associate professor and extension weed scientist at the University of Missouri. He will share his perspectives on how cover crops, herbicides, and good weed control can work in a no-till system.
More information about Dr. Bradley’s research can be found at: http://plantsci.missouri.edu/faculty/bradley.cfm and http://weedscience.missouri.edu/
- Odette Menard, a soil conservation honoree and employee in Quebec’s Ministry of Agriculture will share her insight into helping farmers identify strategies to build soil health, increase yields, improve economics, and reduce erosion.
Other speakers and facilitators from UVM Extension:
- Jeff Carter
- Dr. Heather Darby
- Kirsten Workman: Workman_NTCC_Cover Crop Mix_Feb2016
- Jeff Sanders
As with previous years, we will also have a great panel discussion:
* Mark Anderson, Land View Farms * Kevin Kocsak, Salem Farm Supply *Larry Gervais, Gervais Family Farm * Brad Thomas, Jillian Holsteins *
The UVM Extension’s Champlain Valley Crop, Soil & Pasture Team & the Northwest Crops & Soils Program invited all farmers and technical advisers to attend this event dedicated to No-Till and Cover Cropping systems for field crop growers in our area.
Thank You to Our Sponsors!!!
Scott Magnan’s Custom Service
Thank You to Our Other Supporting Organizations:
Conservation Innovation Grant