trying to get the "new" version of cyclos running — but what IS tthe new version…from an email exchange….
Well, it was of some help, maybe. On the Cyclos Downloads page, there are three links:
- http://cyclos.momomo.org/project/download/cyclos.war ("Cyclos Binary")
- http://cyclos.momomo.org/project/download/cyclos-20040908-src.zip ("Cyclos Source Code")
- http://cyclos.momomo.org/project/download/install_doc.htm (install instructions)
According to the instructions, actions.sql is in
well, that folder only exists if you download and unzip the Cyclos Source Code, which I did. I ran the actions script (which really just adds but one action to the 61 currently in the database) Now we get to the fun part.
- The "cyclos.war" file that I originally loaded (and is currently in use at http://badger.uvm.edu/cyclos) is 8044039 bytes.
- The "cyclos.war" file that I downloaded from http://cyclos.momomo.org/project/download/cyclos.war on November 18 (which did NOT work) is 7828976 bytes
- The "cyclos.war" file that I downloaded from http://cyclos.momomo.org/project/download/cyclos.war on December 9 (which did NOT work) is 8057580 bytes
- and, as part of the Cyclos Source Code, in folder /$CYCLOS_INSTALL_DIR/cyclos_view/, there is a cyclos.war file of length 8986815 bytes.
This last cyclos.war file DOES work, and is currently running at http://badger.uvm.edu:8080/cyclos — but is it the "latest" ? I dunno. If you go to http://badger.uvm.edu:8080/cyclos , click on Help then About, it says http://badger.uvm.edu/cyclos But so does the "old" version.
So which is the "new" version, and where do I find it?