SAVE THE DATE!
2014 No-Till & Cover Crop Symposium
February 19 & 20, 2014
Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center | Burlington, VT
The UVM Extension Champlain Valley Crop, Soil & Pasture Team and the Northwest Crops & Soils Program invite all farmers and technical advisers to attend the first conference in New England dedicated to No-Till and Cover Cropping systems for field crop growers in our area. We are welcoming speakers from around the country and from Vermont – including Extension specialists and researchers, farmers and consultants. The agenda is already getting packed, but here are some of the highlights!
- No-Till Nuts & Bolts
- Cover Crops 101…establishment options, crop selection, research results & more
- FARMER PANEL: Getting Started in No-Till
- FARMER PANEL: Cover Crops in Dairy Systems
- Manure in No-Till Systems…injection, aeration, and more
- Latest Research Results
- Farmers from Pennsylvania, Wisconsin, New York & Vermont share their no-till and cover crop success stories (as well as what they tried and didn’t work!)
- Precision Agriculture (farming with the help of GPS, autosteer, and more!)
- Strip Till, Vertical Till, No-Till…we’ve got it covered!
- Cover Crop Mixes After Corn Silage
- Double Cropping…small grains and corn
- Experts from Ohio, Pennsylvania, New York & Vermont share the latest information about no-till and cover cropping systems
- Chat with conference sponsors at our Tradeshow/Networking area about the latest equipment, seed selection, and services available to the novice and experienced no-till andcover crop farmers!
- Up to 12 CCA credits will be available.