ECHO Integration

Met with Trevor Nesbit , Develoment Manager at the Leahy Center for Lake Champlain. Trevor is a UVM grad (Animal Sciences) and manages the Echo web site (currently run out of Digital Frontier in Stowe).

Trevor wants to integrate more weather data with their current weather page. In particular, the extra data from WPTZ not seen on their current page; Diamond Island; Colchester; and Mount Mansfield. He would also like to move the back-end processing for the Echo Web Cam from the Echo center to UVM.

I told him I could give him some sample code for easy access to the UVM data, I would talk to TSG about the web cam, and help out however I can. He turned me onto the NOAA/NWS SOAP service, and we noted that the data I have for Colchester and Mansfield appears to be dated and I should figure out why. I also need to start archiving the Diamond Island data.

About Wesley Wright

Born on a mountain top near New York City, Craziest state in the land of the pretty. Raised in the woods so's he knew every tree, Killed him a bear when he was only three.
This entry was posted in Projects, Scripts - Programming. Bookmark the permalink.