2015 No-Till & Cover Crop Symposium
Thursday, February 19, 2015
Sheraton Hotel & Conference Center | Burlington, VT
Miss the Symposium? You can still learn about the information presented:
Check out this awesome Across the Fence Video, that was shot at the symposium, and in the studio with Kirsten Workman and Jeff Sanders.
To view PDFs of the individual presentations, click on the links below.
- John Koepke and his family own and operate a 350 cow dairy farm in SE Wisconsin. They are 2011 Leopold Conservation Award Winners and 2011 Dairy Men of the Year and have been no-tillers for more than 25 years: John Koepke’s Presentation
- Gerard Troisi is crop advisor/production consultant since 1991, consulting on 24,000 acres in central PA. He works with operators who no-till or are transitioning, and is skilled at increasing production on marginal soils while reducing input costs and adjusting production practices: Gerard Troisi’s Presentation
- Lucas Criswell and his father farm in the hills of the Chesapeake Bay watershed in central Pennsylvania. They have been no tilling for over 30 years and now utilize high residue cover crops: Lucas Criswell’s Presentation
- Pierre-Olivier Gaucher is the owner of Terralis & convened a consortium of Canadian farmers who are changing their cropping techniques to improve soil health. They developed a crop rotation to include cover crops, winter cereals and interseeding in corn: Pierre-Olivier Gaucher’s Presentation, Pierre-OLivier Gaucher’s Video
- Heather Darby, UVM Extension Agronomist: Heather Darby’s Presentation
- Kirsten Workman, UVM Extension: Kirsten Workman’s Presentation
- VERMONT FARMER PANELISTS:
- Richard Hall, Fairmont Farms (E. Montpelier): Richard Hall’s Presentation
- Ron & Chad Machia, Machia & Sons (Sheldon)
- Shawn Gingue, Gingue Bros. Dairy (Fairfax)
- Scott Magnan, Custom Service (St. Albans)
- Gerard Vorsteveld, Vorsteveld Farm (Panton)
(Please respect the pdfs as original content).
Thank you to our 2015 Sponsors:
email@example.com | (802) 388-4969