The International Society for Environmental Ethics (ISEE) presents the Tenth Annual Meeting on Environmental Philosophy, to be held 12-14th of June 2013 at The University of East Anglia, UK.
“Thinking and Acting Ecologically”
The ISEE invites submissions on any topic in environmental philosophy / ecophilosophy broadly conceived. The focus of the tenth annual meeting will be on developing ideas and concepts that are not only thematically concerned with the environment but are themselves contributions to ecological action.
Topics might include:
- Methods and principles that make for specifically ecological ways of thinking and acting
- The relation of style to content in ecological thought and practice
- Connections between philosophy and green politics / art practice/ science policy
- The significance that specific environments have for ecological thought and action
- The connections between ecological practices (e.g. walking, observing, gardening, direct action etc.) and ecological thought
- Theory and practice of environmental justice and our relationship with future generations
- Ecosophy/ ecophenomenology and/or ecologism
- Problems and opportunities facing interdisciplinary environmental studies
Instructions for Submissions:
- Submit 250 word abstracts for 20 minute papers to Tom Greaves
- Please anonymize all abstracts (inc. PDF submissions)
- Deadline: January 31st, 2013
For further information, see the ISEE web site.