2000’s

Standing outside I feel the wind blow on my cheek sending a quick shiver down my spine. I quietly walk down the steps of the porch and look to the right. I notice the rabbit sitting still by the tree and slowly approach. Not to close, but just the right amount to witness the movements of the creature, yet not scare it off. I look up from the creature and look around to see the wooden cage that surrounds my house. Within that cage lays Pine trees, grass and the stump of a fallen American Beech. There’s also a tree with a history that lives in the suburbs of the Graf’s backyard. This tree is where the rabbit hides when it senses danger approaching, it’s also the tree that was planted when I was brought home from Russia. The Lee-land Cyprus was planted on 11/04/2000 and has been growing ever since. It represents life in the most cheesy way possible. When the weather stirs and causes havoc sometimes things get knocked down. The Lee-land Cyprus has experienced this time and time again, however, we never stop putting it up and we will continue to watch it grow like all the people who have had a glimps of its life.