Welcome to Afterword!

welcome-dec-grads

I know it’s only been a few weeks since you graduated and you probably aren’t feeling nostalgic for your alma mater yet. Good, that would be kind of weird.

And you’re probably wondering right now what this blog is all about.

Well, first off – I’m not asking you for anything. This isn’t a secret trick to ask you for money or complete a survey or barrage your inbox with useless information.

This blog is the afterword to your UVM story. I’m here to keep you connected to UVM, Burlington, and to your classmates.

I’ve been doing this blog for the past year and a half with grads in the classes of 2015 and 2016, so I am really excited to bring you in, talk to you, and be as helpful as I can.

The goal of this blog is to help you write your next chapter. I’m a recent grad like you, I work at the UVM Foundation and my job is to help you.

Unlike your parents, I don’t expect you to know everything right now. You’re under a lot of pressure to plan the rest of your life (whether you have a job, a place to live, or neither) and I want to give you a place to feel at home.

Here’s how I’m going to help.

• Give you lots of career, job, and grad school advice, tips, and resources.
  • Tell you about events with fellow alumni.
  • Showcase examples of other alumni and how they spent their first year after graduation.
  • Make you feel great about being a UVM alum.

Basically, this is all about you. Your afterwards is worthy of making our afterword.

Stay tuned for weekly posts!

~Ryan