Site visit #2 + New Species Alert

Welcome back to the blog!

NEW SPECIES ALERT!

Every-time a new species is discovered at the site it will be displayed here at the top of every new post.
Today’s new species was found hiding below the grasses.

Glechoma (ground ivy) Unfortunately it is too late in the season to se it pretty purple flowers. But stay tunes next spring when things begin to bloom!

To give you all a better look at the larger picture of the landscape, here is birds eye view map of my location.

A birds eye view

In addition to the new species I would like to show off some pictures of some pretty cool fungi I have found. Unfortunately I am not a fungi expert so I am not able to identify these species but I will keep working on it!

Found growing on the central sugar maple.
Growing on a boxelder
Also found on a pretty boxelder
Another cool shroom on a boxelder

Finally, I would like to talk to about the overall changes to the landscape. The grasses have almost entirely lost their color as well as the other herbaceous plants. The Japanese knotweed is still green and looks like it wont ever change color. It has been 2 weeks since my last visit and I have observed some migrating geese trail their feathers along the water as well as a few songbirds, in my previous visit however, I did not observe any wild life.

Thank you all for visiting and observing the phenological changes with me!