What is JumpSTART?
The Survivors Taking Action with Remote Exercise Training (JumpSTART) study will deliver exercise classes remotely to cancer survivors in rural areas.
Who is eligible?
- Are 60 years or older
- Have completed treatment for Stage I-III cancer
- Live in a rural community
- Are not currently in an exercise program
- Are willing to participate in the Enhance Fitness virtual exercise classes
What is involved?
If you take part in the study, you will be asked to:
Complete research measures at three time points (0, 4, & 7 months)
Measures include questionnaires (20-30 minutes to complete), tests of strength and balance, and wearing an accelerometer for 7 days (device to measure activity and step counts)
Participate in live-streamed 1-hour Enhance Fitness exercise classes, Monday, Wednesday, and Friday mornings for 4 months.
Participants agree to be randomly assigned to the start date for the exercise class series.
What is Enhance Fitness?
Enhance Fitness is a group exercise that helps older adults at all ability levels of fitness become more active, energized, and empowered. Please find additional information on the Participant Resources Page.
Is there a cost? Will I be compensated for my time?
Participation is free-the cost of the Enhance Fitness class and cuff weights are included as part of the study. Participants will be paid up to $50 for time and effort after completing the study.
What are the benefits?
- Contribute to our understanding of remote exercises classes for cancer survivors.
- Participate in virtual exercises in the comfort of your home.
- Receive compensation (up to $50) for time and effort.
To request more information please contact Nancy Gell at: 802-656-9265 or email@example.com
If you would like to be contacted by our research team, click here: Contact Form