Meet Ryan & Derrick

Now that you’ve had a few weeks to get acquainted with the blog, we thought it was time to introduce ourselves. We’re Ryan Chartier ’10 and Derrick Dubois ’13, two UVM grads working for the UVM Foundation who have a focus on young alumni.

RC Shake ShackRyan: I’m a two time grad of UVM with a BA and MA in English. I’ve been in Burlington for the past decade and started working at the UVM Foundation in 2014. I work in the Office of Annual Giving, running the UVM Chatty Cats phonathon program and thinking of ways to engage young alums.

I enjoy getting out and meeting alums like you and I hope to meet some of you throughout the course of this year. 

DD catamount statue

Derrick: I graduated from UVM with dual degrees in mathematics and geography. Here at the UVM Foundation I’m part of the Alumni Relations team. My focus is on keeping young alumni connected to UVM and to each other. I travel around the country visiting with alums like you and hosting regional events

You may see me at Happy Hours like the one in Burlington last night or the one in Boston next Thursday night. I hope we get a chance to meet this year.

Our job is to help you navigate your first year out by sharing advice and tips that we’ve learned from our own experience and from other young alumni who’ve been through this transition. We’re also here to help you stay connected with UVM. We’ll be your source for what’s happening on campus and we’ll help you understand what it means to be an alum.

In a nutshell, we’re here to help you. Please feel free to reach out with any questions or if there’s anything you need here at UVM. Ryan: ryan.chartier@uvm.edu & Derrick: derrick.dubois@uvm.edu.