Whether your living in Burlington this summer or planning to visit for a weekend, here is a list of fun and free things you won’t want to miss.
For those of you exploring new cities – check out these 10 free things you can do just about anywhere this summer.
Entertainment at Perkins Pier, Waterfront Park & the Community Boathouse, Battery Park, and North Beach. Fireworks begin at 9:30 PM.
- Recommended parking at UVM’s Gutterson parking garage and adjacent lots.
- Buses will run between the front entrance of Patrick Gym and the Waterfront from 3:45 PM to 11:30 PM. Round trip fare is $1.00
Local food, live music, Slow Food Vermont tastings and more!
- Every Thursday from July 2 – August 27. 5:30-8:00 PM
- Free admission (donations gratefully accepted)
- No pets and no outside alcohol allowed
- Parking is limited (however, there’s secure bike valet parking)
Burlington Farmers’ Market
Spend your Saturday mornings perusing gorgeous fruits and veggies from local farms, sampling everything from hummus to cheese to gin, and doing some of the best people watching you’ll do all week.
- Every Saturday until the last Saturday in October
- Located at City Hall Park & St. Paul Street. 8:30 AM- 2:00PM
Come eat, drink, meet your neighbors and enjoy! There are outside and inside bars with Fiddlehead, Citizen Cider and more… need we say more?
- Every Friday, rain or shine. 5:00-10:00 PM
Don’t want to take out a loan to see a movie? Well then this is your place! Donations accepted at the door to benefit a local non-profit.
- Every Tuesday Night at 7 PM at the Main Street Landing Film House
- 25 foot movie screen with Dolby surround sound
Head over after work, grab a drink, and listen to live music with your friends. And, potentially win prizes from Long Trail Brewing Company!
- Every Friday until August 28th
Come jam at The Monkey House and try to look as cool as this dude.
- Every first Wednesday of the month.
- Doors: 7:30 PM Show: 8:00 PM
- 21+ FREE / 18+ $5
Live music, beer, wine, and local food. That’s all you need in life…right?
- Starts at 6:00 PM
- Blankets and/or chairs are recommended.
- Shelburne Vineyard wine, American Flatbread and Fiddlehead beer available for purchase – 10% of proceeds will go to YWCA Vermont & Camp Hochelaga
- Every Thursday evening from June to September, weather permitting. Picnicking begins at 5 p.m. Music from 6:30 PM-8:30 PM
- Bring your own chairs and blankets. Wine and beer available for purchase (no outside drinks allowed)
- Food vendors include Pizza Papillo, Rookies Root Beer, and the Sausage Shack
Thursday, July 23 is UVM Night at Snow Farm Vineyard & Winery. Sign up here to attend.The first 200 guests will receive a stemless, plastic wine glass compliments of the UVM Alumni Association.