4 thoughts on “Nature Represented through Tuvan Throat-Singing

1. Matt Jackson

Out of all of the podcasts I have listened to, this was my favorite one. I was interested in how Tuvan Throat Singing is used for religious purposes. It demonstrates how the music/ sound is meaningful to the society it is played in. I also think that the sound posted at the end sounded really cool and it made me want to listen to more examples of the sound. Great job!

2. Jack Jennings

Tuvan throat singing is pretty sweet and I am excited to hear your full podcast. I thought it was really cool how the strings were tuned to each other opposed to tuning them to specific notes. The contrast of western and eastern music is a very interesting topic. The drone of the singing is very representative of eastern music.

3. Dylan

Musically speaking, I found it really interesting that the strings were in tune with each other and not the notes that they were playing. This shows the differences in the view between Western and Eastern music. I like how its use in medicine ties into our discussion about the presence of sound in medicine.

4. tneubaue

This is an interesting topic. The one thing that stood out to me was how Tuvan threat singing is used in medicine. I would love to find out more about how the throat singing is used in this practice. I think it is great how they use the throat singing in spiritual forms as well as others. Can’t wait to learn more about it.