Missed the Spring Job Fair? Or just looking for some advice on the job search?
Here’s what employers had to say..
- Don’t be afraid to try something new. Find what you are interested in, even if you may not have experience in it.
- Volunteer or work somewhere related to your field. Don’t wait until you get out of school.
- Test drive an organization or business. Do an internship in what you are passionate about and enjoy!
- Start early. Do research on companies and ask questions!
- Explore many possibilities, weigh your options, don’t be too intimidated by all the job qualifications.
- Enter the job market with an open mind. Be persistent.
- Don’t rely too heavily on your resume. Sell yourself!
- Be yourself, do your best, be honest and show interest.
- Focus on what you want. Have a vision of where you want to be.