• A-Z
  • Directory
  • myUVM
  • Loading search...

Peter S. Henne

About me

Posted: August 26th, 2016 by phenne

I am an Assistant Professor in the Department of Political Science at the University of Vermont. My work focuses on religion and politics in the Middle East, and I have published scholarly articles drawing from my research on interstate conflict, terrorism, international blasphemy debates and refugee crises. I teach courses on Middle East politics and international relations (see my Teaching page for more information). Follow me on Twitter for data and analysis on international religious issues, the Middle East, and all the great things going on at UVM.

Before coming to UVM, I worked for over ten years in international affairs in Washington, DC. I worked for several years after college as a consultant with the US government on counterterrorism and Middle East politics. I also worked with the National Consortium for the Study of Terrorism and Responses to Terrorism (START) on domestic extremism. Most recently, I ran the Pew Research Center’s work on global religious freedom.

I have published numerous scholarly articles, and have a book forthcoming from Cambridge University Press (see my Research page for more information). I have also blogged on international affairs at The Huffington Post and various other sites. Additionally, I have discussed international religious issues with several media outlets (see my Media and Commentary page).

I received my Ph.D. in Government from Georgetown University, and my B.A. in Political Science from Vassar College. I am a native of southeastern PA.

More information is available in my CV- CV Henne

I can be reached at peter.henne[at]uvm.edu.

Contact Us ©2010 The University of Vermont – Burlington, VT 05405 – (802) 656-3131