The Beat that Changed Hip-hop

Sources:

Geeta Dayal and Emily Ferrigno. “Electronic Dance Music.” Grove Music Online. Oxford Music Online. Oxford University Press, accessed October 13, 2015.

“Roland TR-808 – Famous Drum Beats.” YouTube. February 21, 2014. Accessed October 31, 2015.

By Abra and Lindsay

6 thoughts on “The Beat that Changed Hip-hop

1. McKenna

This was a really great trailer. I don’t know much about the TR-808 but I’m excited to learn more about what it is and how it is a driving force in the hip-hop industry. The creativity used in this trailer with the backing beat was a nice touch–wish I’d thought of that! Nice job

2. ajbean

I loved how enthusiastic you guys were about your topic. The beat in the background using the TR-808 was really awesome too. I thought it was extremely interesting to see how this sound object is used by so many different artists today as well as many of them in the past. I think this project has loads of potential and I am very excited to see the full product. Keep it up!

3. Charlotte

I loved how creative you guys got with this. The beats playing in the background made it a lot more interesting and fun to listen to. The way you read your transcript was also really great. I’m excited to see what your final podcast will be!

4. Emily Downing

Definitely being repetitive, but the beat in the background of your recording was incredible! It added so much to it. I also like how enthusiastic your voices were in this. There was no monotone, and the way you ended it with “find out more, coming November…” was also a great touch. Awesome trailer!

5. Eryka Collins

Like Elle said, I really liked how the beat was in the background of the trailer! I also liked how clear your recording was and that you could hear everything that you guys were saying, and the beat didn’t cover up your voices. This sounds like a really cool topic and im excited to hear the whole thing!