Week Seven Update

Hello, most-amazing tutors!

It’s the end of week seven, which means the semester is about half-way completed and you have most likely finished your own midterms and begun to weather the storm of tutoring requests once students had their first exams returned.  Thanks for all of your hard work thus far; you are all wonderful!  If you’re looking for a pick-me-up, you might enjoy the following cartoon:

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/coffee

As for announcements, the next pay period ends this Sunday.  ALL of your lognotes must be completed on TutorTrac and your corresponding hours entered into PeopleSoft no later than Sunday night.  Be sure all notes and time submissions are completed accurately– run a report in TutorTrac like I showed you last week– because if your times entered and hours logged do not match, I WILL NOT be able to approve your time.  Thanks!

In the next few weeks, I hope to update the “for Current Tutors” page on the Learning Co-op webpage to be a more complete resource for you.  Let me know what sort of links, instructions, etc you would like to see available there.

Also, since I know people are probably going to start getting sick (’tis the season!) let’s be clear on the protocol for calling in sick (or needing to cancel Co-op time for another reason).  As soon as you can, please contact BOTH me AND the front desk to let us know you won’t be able to make it in.  It is good for everyone to be in the loop so we can re-schedule students as quickly and as painlessly as possible.  Thanks for help with this.

Finally, as always, I leave you with a list of courses for which a tutor has been requested.  If you see a course you’ve taken in the past and would like to try your hand at tutoring for it, request a faculty recommendation from your professor by sending them the following link  http://www.uvm.edu/~learnco/sat/facrec/ and send me a quick email.  Thanks!

BSAD 40, 251
CDAE 002, 024
MLRS 281
CMSI 281
STAT 153
CS 008, 121
GEO 50
MMG 065
SWSS 060
PSYC 220
EC 171, 195

Cheers,
Rachel