We are excited to expand our field-based research and outreach program for Industrial Hemp, as well as develop a testing facility to further enhance our research capabilities! To date, we have gained a lot of hands-on experience and research information from the research trials we have implemented for hemp fiber, seed, and CBD production. Visit our Industrial Hemp page – www.uvm.edu/nwcrops/industrial-hemp.
With your support, we hope to raise $50,000 or more to meet out 2019 goals, including:
- Continue to develop CBD research.
- Researching how hemp impacts soil quality.
- Initiating a cropping system study to evaluate the impact of hemp in a forage and grain rotation.
- Continue building agronomic guidelines for industrial hemp production, including suitable cultivars, fertility management, planting dates, seeding rates, and pest, disease and weed management.
- We hope to add analytical equipment that can measure the impact of management and environment on concentrations of cannabinoids and terpenes in hemp.
- Continue to provide you with educational materials from our projects.
We hope you will join us in our crowdfunding efforts to raise funds to support our continued Industrial Hemp research and reach our 2019 goals! Visit go.uvm.edu/givenwcs today to provide your support!
The UVM Extension Northwest Crops & Soils Program