Team members arriving

I’m fortunate to have two wonderful colleagues to help me with this research project. The first to arrive was Betty Rambur PhD, RN, FAAN who is the Routhier Endowed Chair Practice and Professor at University of Rhode Island.  Betty has been my research mentor on workforce issues since 2001 and we work well together.  She hit the ground running in Auckland and met two engaging older women with personal and professional experience in dementia care. One in particular has authored the two books pictured below. She will explore health policy and financing of dementia care in New Zealand. 

Dr. Rambur arrives in Wellington
Great resources from a New Zealand author

Once in Wellington, Betty and I had an orientation day of busing around, New Zealand lawmaking (included a tour of the “Beehive”), and an Ethnic Food Fair at the local school with Indian, German, Hangi, Chinese, Mexican, Cambodian, African, Middle Eastern, Pacific Island, Somali and Greek dishes.  This gives you a good idea of the diversity in Wellington; I wish I could share the tasty treats!

Ethnic Food Festival at the Miramar School… Yum!