November 5th Visit to Salmon Hole

This tree shows clear evidence of beavers, the bark has been stripped from the fallen tree and the standing tree shows marks from being chewed on by beavers.
On the bedrock outcrop, by the sandy shoreline, I saw the remains of a human-made fire. The charcoal and burnt logs show this human impact.
Because of the recent rain, the sandy shoreline was especially wet and soft, leaving clear footprints.

Also due to the amount of rain in the area recently, the Winooski River was flowing very quickly, noticeably faster than my previous visits.
This wooden bridge passes over a small stream flowing into the Winooski. The ground was very wet and slippery, the ground was also covered with leaves, the surrounding trees were mostly bare.

This tree that I noticed toward the beginning of the trail has somewhat exposed roots, I wonder if this is from erosion, the tree is on a hill so runoff could cause erosion around the base of the trunk.

As for wildlife, I mainly noticed grey squirrels, as well as a number of chickadees.

This event map inspired by Hannah Hinchman’s The World as Events, it shows the path I took through Salmon Hole and the things I noticed on my way through.