As fall semester sets off, consider a few ways you can get involved both on-campus and in the Burlington community. You’ll be doing yourself a huge favor this year by taking advantage of the wonderful experiences that UVM and Burlington have to offer.
Whether you decide to join a campus club, apply for on-campus employment, volunteer at a local homeless shelter or hit up the Burlington Farmer’s Market on a crisp Saturday afternoon, you’ll be glad you did it. Although academics are of utmost importance at UVM, there is so much more to do while you’re here! Much of college learning occurs outside the classroom so be sure to take advantage of all the unique opportunities out there. The benefits of getting involved while in college are endless…
- FUN! Getting involved in groups that share common interests, or attending activities put on by UVM can be fun. Simple as that.
- NEW FRIENDS! Meet people and diversify your contacts and connections beyond the residence halls and classrooms.
- DISCOVERY! Uncover hidden talents, strengths or passions.
- DIRECTION! You may find a new career interest that will lead you in a fresh direction.
- COMMUNITY! Feel more connected with both our campus community and the wider Burlington community.
Now, log-off your computer and go find something to do that excites you. A great place to start is at ActivitiesFest, Wednesday, September 3, from 10-3 pm. Hope to see you there!