To rejuvenate means to make fresh and new again, feeling better or more vital. 2017 has come with a lot of information and to-do lists. Evaluating truth, lies, making plans, meeting deadlines, engaging in your community—these can be all exhausting or exhilarating, and can create stress or lack of focus. Getting consumed by all this isn’t helpful as you finish up a semester or begin your job search. No matter what is happening in your life or in the world, the best way for you to be productive and impactful is to make sure you have ways to rejuvenate!
TIPS TO REJUVENATE AND GET FOCUSED:
- Breathe– pay attention to your breath. Inhale. Hold for 5 seconds. Exhale.
- Exercise and get your blood moving, 30 minutes can change your prospective. A walking meditation once a week will help you focus. Stepping away from a project or a conversation and getting air can help you evaluate how you want to proceed.
- Turn off your technology! No social media, emails, or phone calls for a day– dedicate all your time to doing something you love.
- If you’re upset or overwhelmed the simple act of smiling can change your mindset. Give it a try!
- Call a friend– reconnecting can give you a boost of energy.
- Do something nice for someone else. When you have a positive impact on another person it can help you focus on something besides yourself.
- Power Pose!
–Kimberly Ead, International Career Counselor