The first visit

My phenology location is at a bend in Centennial Brook in Centennial Woods. In order to get there walk down the main trail in Centennial Woods. At the first fork in the trail take a left, and at the second fork bear left (you should keep walking in a relatively straight line). Keep walking after the second fork until you come across a dead tree that has two trunks that form a V.

Take a left turn off the path and walk downhill to the river until you come across the positive side of a bend in its path. Cross the river to arrive at my location. There are several honeysuckles near the river with some white pines and red oaks on the far tree line. I chose this location because you get a good view of the river looking upstream and downstream and because you have a good view of a field if you look in the other direction. It has a lot of variation and a lot of potential to change as the seasons change. I look forward to watching the river freeze and watching the plants in the field flower.

Link to google maps:

https://www.google.com/maps/place/44%C2%B028’40.4%22N+73%C2%B011’10.7%22W/@44.4779,-73.188494,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x0!8m2!3d44.4779!4d-73.1863

Image of google maps: