Tutor Updates

Tutors,

I know those exams have started for many of you out there, so I hope everyone is managing well. We just got a first order of fresh Vermont apples here in the Learning Co-op; feel free to stop by and grab one.

We’ve been seeing a lot of students coming in to request tutors this week. Remember everyone: let me know if your schedule is full. We don’t want to refer students to you, if you’re just going to tell them you’re busy! It’s best for everyone if you tell me earlier rather than later.

I only have two big points for you this week:

First, I received an email with an opportunity for you all looking for another job. An organization called ‘Let’s Get Ready’ has opened a site at South Burlington High School, where high schoolers prepare for the SATs. They are looking for, “responsible, competent college students”. The schedules are steady, and the work is pretty in-line with what you all do as tutors. You can find more information here: http://letsgetready.org/GetStarted/Coaches-and-Site-Directors/

Second, we have a number of courses for which we are looking for tutors. If you, or someone you knows can work with any of these, let me know!

ANTH 031
ANTH 174
BCOR 102
BIOC 212
BSAD 060
BSAD 180
CDAE 254
CHEM 161
EE 131
FOR 185
FREN 109
GEOG 040
GRK 001
HST 012
LAT 051
LING 166
MATH 237
MATH 241
MATH 251
ME 209
MMG 001
MMG 065
PHIL 013
PHYS 031
PSYC 230
PSS 161
RMS 213
SPAN 101
STAT 221