The First Adventure!

Hello there!

Today I went on my first adventure to the Casavant Natural Area in Winooski! It is a nice forested area with trails along the Winooski River. This peaceful natural area is just a short bike ride from campus! If you follow Colchester Ave away toward Winooski it’s only about a 5-10 minute bike ride from campus (a little longer getting back  – big hill).

I’m really glad I chose this place! I wanted to pick somewhere fairly close to campus & somewhere that I hadn’t been before; Casavant filled these requirements perfectly! It’s peaceful & quaint & there are always friendly dogs roaming around 🙂

As you can see from the photo below, the ground in the area in the forest that I chose is about 80% covered. Mostly grasses grow here, but there are a few smaller woody plants. Some of the common woody plants here included:

• Silver Maple
  • Green Ash
  • Sugar Maple
  • Basswood
  • Boxelder

Peaceful trees in the Casavant Natural Area

https://www.google.com/maps/d/edit?hl=en&mid=1V3sYQujJDCyQcqr4OYfFMfbjYH0&ll=44.488576465996914%2C-73.18116550000002&z=18

One Response to “The First Adventure!”

1. Hi, this is a comment.
    To get started with moderating, editing, and deleting comments, please visit the Comments screen in the dashboard.
    Commenter avatars come from Gravatar.