Killington Parks & Recreation seeks a seasonal full-time energetic and organized Camp Counselor for its Camp Loads of Fun program, a traditional day camp located at the Johnson Recreation Center in Killington. The selected candidate will be responsible for all campers and is expected to assist the Head Camp Counselor with the execution of daily activities. The selected candidate must be available to work for the entire camp season. The position will report to the Recreation Director.
- Aid in the organization and execution of the Camp Loads of Fun program
- Assume responsibility for the safety of campers
- Identify and meet camper needs throughout daily activities and programs
- Follow camp objectives, rules, policies, and guidelines
- Serve as a positive role model for youth and problem solve through situations and seek assistance when necessary
- Maintain good relations with campers’ parents
- Be punctual, organize and participate enthusiastically
- Other duties as assigned
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Desire and ability to work with children outdoors
- Experience in a camp setting and working with children, ages 4 – 13
- Ability to lead camp activities, including arts & crafts, field games, swimming, hiking, and other activities as assigned
- Enthusiasm, sense of humor, patience, and self-control
- Attend training dates prior to camp
- Full season commitment, mid-June through mid-August
- Have reliable transportation
- High school graduate or equivalent. Some college preferred.
- CPR/First Aid Certification
Interested applicants should send a resume and references to Recreation@KillingtonTown.com. Applications are reviewed on a rolling basis. Interviews begin immediately.