In doing my make up lab last semester I was tasked with learning about the natural history of Centennial woods and how it has formed over the years. It has been found to have Native American objects in it as well as once holding militia men during the revolutionary war. Then since its farming days, Centennial has taken back what was there’s and has eternalized the Native Americans that were once there. Since the lecture of how the god of Champlain arose I can see the brook as part of his arise and how much it probably meant to the Abenaki. I see the regrowth of Centennial as the reentrance of the Abenaki people into society after they were forced to assimilate. Other than the connection to the Native people Centennial leaves out a lot of culture that should be welcomed.

As sad as it is to say, I don’t feel as if I became truly part of my phenology place. I have gotten a very detailed and deep lesson on Centennial since my first visit there, but I still am at a loss of it providing a sense of place for me here. I believe my places at home hold a greater sense of place compared to here ultimately because of the larger amount of time spent there and the many memories made. For centennial to become that for me its necessary that much more time is spent there enjoying it rather than going for an assignment.

«