May 2nd…7pm

I have explained my ideas over and over. I have mapped them out on the wall. I can see the various connections between parts and the whole is starting to take shape.
This has been an interesting exercise in confidence, patience, perseverance, and motivation. Writing something of this length in a 72 hour time period takes a kind of mental discipline I had not tested in myself before.
Perhaps this is my own “marathon” experience. I found my “wall” of the race and I had to push through. At times I felt completely isolated while being surrounded by too much–too many ideas, too many directions, too many tangents. My best moments have been when I’ve been able to stop and smell the roses–walk the dog, help dig that big rock out of the garden, feed the birds. These were all distractions and moments for ideas to congeal, to connect.
Faith that those things will happen on such a hard time schedule has been difficult to maintain. I can see now that I will complete this project. I need to keep the discipline up. This paper is far from done. There are many more readings, edits, and re-readings ahead. There are two important pieces still unwritten. They are malformed gelatinous ideas in my head and I will pull them together but probably no longer tonight.
Tonight I will re-read the twelve pages I have constructed so far. This is the first hour the separate parts I had been working on are all together in one document. I’ll need to look at transitions and watch for unnecessary redundancy.
Clearly I will pass the fifteen page limit and have to edit some more. But for today, I must only do more menial tasks. Clean up. Proofread. Back up the files.

One Response to “May 2nd…7pm”

1. Barb says:

Good morning !! Wishing you coffee, hugs, a clear mind, and kisses from your girls. Love you, B