This semester we are working with Dr. Cecilia Danks, Assistant Professor at UVM on her Community – based Forestry at Home and Abroad Course. This course is adding a Service Learning component to it this semester. This is where the TechCATs program comes in. We will be helping to redesign and develop The Watershed CenterWeb site.
When redesigning a Web Site or when starting from scratch, a great place to start is with the information architecture.
- Most important– What is the purpose/goal of the site?
- What is the content?
- How is the content organized?
- Who is the audience? (will the audience have a high speed connection)
- Is the content organized with the User experience in mind?
Next, what will be the user experience on the website?
- Is the Navigation consistent?
- How are Images used? (Do they load quickly?
- Is the site Assessible to all users?
Finally Consider the Design Elements(Referenced from :The Non-Designer’s Web Book, 2nd edition, by Robin Williams and John Tollett, Peachpit Press, 2000):
- Contrast (text and backgroud)
We look forward to working with you on your project! Please contact us at:
email@example.com, 656-1124, or stop in to the Dr Is In Program at the CTL.
Additional Resource: Ines Berrizbeitia, CTL Developer