Update 11/5

After visiting my site on November 4th, I noticed some obvious changes from my last visit. Almost all of the deciduous trees have lost all of their leaves. There are a few Yellow Birch remaining that still have some of their leaves. The singular Barberry also still has its leaves, although they are now yellow. Due to the high amount of leaves dropped, there is a larger amount of parent material/organic matter on the forest floor, composed mostly of Yellow Birch leaves. The ground was also much wetter than it was at my last visit, due to the constant rain from the past week. In some areas at the base of the valley, water has even begun to pool a little bit. Meanwhile, the Cinnamon ferns that were yellowing at my last visit are now all but gone. They seem to have completely died and dissipated into the organic material covering the soil, whereas the Christmas ferns and Eastern Hay Scented ferns look no different than they did at my first visit. Moss is still very prevalent at my site, although much of it is now covered by leaves, so it is not as noticeable. The same holds true for the mushrooms. There was no sign of the Pileated Woodpeckers from my last visit, but I did encounter a Blue Jay.       Here is a link to a bigger version of my Event Map: https://docs.google.com/document/d/14DnAlW5mjWJCV7bhKYZXJQtfiDM5nFU91Q0CMXF2IZE/edit