Timelines provide a graphical representation of changes or events that occur over time, and clarify how those events relate to each other. New online programs make it easier to build timelines that incorporate rich media. The Timelines workshop explores several programs that can help you and your students create timelines. This site contains the samples and materials used in that workshop.
Use the tabs above to:
- Explore several examples of timelines created with multiple tools (Examples)
- Find the links to the tools that created those timelines (Tools)
- Experiment with creating your own additions to our sample timeline (Try It)
- View the results of your experiments (Voila!)
- Consider how students can use Timelines (Ideas for Use)