Foliage Walk

To get to my place you must walk to centennial woods and let your mind wander as you walk on the trail. I walk across the boards carefully as not not let my toe get caught in the gaps but I never fail to stumble on the walkway. I see people in the woods recording data on plots of trees and continue to walk on the path. After the big hill you should turn left and walk along the path with the drop on your left. When I first looking for my spot I wandering to the right but found myself too close to the highway so I walked back and continued further to the left. When I arrived at “my place” I was so happy to see the amount of yellow leaves on the trees. Yellow is my favorite color and I feel like leaves always rush through their yellow phase with red seeping in from the tips to the middle. At my spot I felt the desire to just relax after a long day so I laid down and watched the trees blow in the wind. I enjoyed watching the leaves fall and I reflected on the discussion from my NR class. We were talking about the history of racism in the environmental field in the past and how it still exist today. I thought about how most diversity exist in cities where there is little exposure to nature and when they engage there is oftentimes criticism. I know from experience living an hour and half away from the city that during the summer lots of tourist visit natural sights on the weekends. Many people do not like when tourist come to the natural areas because they are loud and leave litter everywhere which is disrespectful but shouldn’t we learn to correct their mistake instead of judging their lack of knowledge?