April in Centennial

It is now April here in Centennial Woods and the sounds and colors of spring are poking through the trees again! Green is starting to bud on the edges of branches and the water in the stream is riffling over rocks. Birds are chirping as well as woodpeckers are drilling into the trees creating a peaceful song.

While standing in my spot I saw a crow, a robin and I even saw a woodpecker at work. In the video below there is a woodpecker on a tree chipping away, take a look for yourself! 

Video taken by Sam Grant

Another thing I spotted today was some leftover fur from an animal that is likely left over from their shedding process that is starting to take place here as it gets hotter outside. 

Image taken by Sam Grant

Some of the species in this area I was able to locate today was a squirrel, a robin, a woodpecker, a few spiders (ah scary), some insects and plants such as grass and trees. Below is a species diagram of some of the interactions that species located in Centennial Woods have within the ecological system.

There was also some leftover human evidence of some shelter building. Until next time!

Image taken by Sam Grant