Montreal trip

As I mentioned last class, our trip is definitely going ahead on April 1 and 2.  I’ll have a full itinerary for you in the next day or two, but here are the essentials.

The bus will be waiting for us at the roundabout outside the Davis Center at 8 AM on Friday April 1 (I promise this is not an April Fool’s joke).  We’ll stay over Friday night at the Delta Hotel in downtown Montreal.

Saturday we will leave Montreal by 5:30, which will get us home by 7:30 for sure (unless there is a slowdown at the border).
The cost for this trip is $50 (plus you’ll want to bring money to cover your meals). Why so inexpensive? Because we’ve raised a total of $4000 on campus to cover hotel, bus charter, museum entry, etc – in order to keep your contribution to a minimum.

I will need a check or cash from you when we next meet in class on March 16.I repeat: PLEASE BRING ME $50 MARCH 16. March 23 will also work, but I’d prefer to have this all taken care of on March 16.  Please remember that you will need a passport to cross the border.  I’ve mentioned this at several points this semester, so please ensure that you have yours with you on April 1.

Rooms will be double occupancy, so if you have a roommate preference, please let me know on Wednesday.
Seeing as you’re going to be spending two full days on our course, I’m also cancelling our class on Wednesday March 30th.  The Montreal trip will replace our class for that week.

Finally, an important note about tomorrow night’s class.  We will be in a different room.  Class will take place in Perkins 200.  We will be joining up with the History of Montreal course in Perkins 200 to discuss The Tin Flute.

If you have any questions about any of this information, please email me.

This entry was posted in news. Bookmark the permalink.