Introduction

In order to get to my chosen site, you follow the path in Centennial woods. You should pass over four foot brides, the fourth having a small break in it and crossing a small stream. This should lead into a small clearing with another foot bridge on the other side. Cross this bridge and go up the hill on the other side. You should now be in a clearing. Walk across as if you were continuing along the path but in stead of following the path, go down the hill. There should be a fallen tree across a stream, the middle of my site is the middle of that fallen tree. I chose this place because, it wasn’t to difficult to get to but it was still removed from the main trail. This means not as many people cross through my site. I also chose this spot because, sitting  on the log surrounded by nature, the only sounds being the rustling of leaves and the water below you, is incredibly calming and makes me happy.

The plants in this area consist of Norway Maples, White Oaks, Eastern Hemlocks, Red Maples Northern Red Oaks, Barberry, a few varieties of moss and ferns and some other vegetation that I struggled to identify.

(All photos taken by Jenna Goodman)