Autumn Changes

As the autumn season progresses, the vegetation in my spot in Centennial Woods has experienced more leaves changing color and falling to the ground, as well as more seasonal plants, such as ferns, dying off. Fungi levels stayed the same due to similar moist weather in between visits. Another noted change is more water movement in the brook. I do not believe that this change is connected to the change in season, but as I was sitting for a time in this spot, I experienced more noise from water movement in the brook than I did in previous visits. Other things I experienced were the sound of cars in the distance and the sound of a plane flying overhead. In addition to this, I also heard numerous birds chirping. I was also met with a light and cool breeze and an unwanted tick crawling up my leg. My chosen spot seems to be on a less traveled part of Centennial Woods, so during my whole time there, I did not come into contact with any other people. A map of my area, with some labeled vegetation can be seen below, along with a couple pictures.

This entry was posted in Uncategorized. Bookmark the permalink.