It’s June! Cold and rainy?! Gah!!
On the list for today:
- AD Domain Services on Server 2008 and Operations Manager 2007
Operations Manager — verifying current version
- First, checked the Help | About dialog in the OpsMgr console.
- Reviewing TechNet article on the SP1 upgrade procedure to look for more details.
Post regarding installing hotfixes on the Management Server using SetupUpdateOM.exe. Never heard of it before. Doesn’t exist on my system. Perhaps it’s part of OPs Mgr 2007 R2?
I decided that the KB956184 patch looked the most promising. Because the installation involved manual replacement of msi files in the AgentManagement folder on the Root Management Server, I could back-out the changes if things went South.
After renaming the original 64-bit OOMADs.msi files and replacing them (AMD64 and IA64 versions) with the ones from the hotfix. Then I used the OpsMgr console to uninstall the agent from my four Windows server 2008 AMD64 domain controllers, one at a time. For each I verified that the new AD MP Helper Object was installed, checking appwiz and Program Files\Common. Then I checked the Operations Manager Event Log. This time, there were no errors running the DSDiscovery script. Health explorer on each DC is now clean. Yes!!!
The only lingering issue is the presence of five errors in the event logs on each DC, complaining about the inability to locate Performance Counters for DirectoryServices: “DS Search sub-operations/sec”, “LDAP Client Sessions”, “LDAP Searches/sec”, “LDAP UDP operations/sec”, and “LDAP Writes/sec”. I verified that I could see these counters within Performance Monitor on the DC. This thread in the OpsMgr Management Pack newsgroup seems germane, though the Live login isn’t working for me at the moment.
Managed to chime in on that thread. We’ll see if anything useful comes of it.