- Update issues from Wednesday night: two former students from SIS. Did the dance.
- PeopleSoft has a new product they are using for change control and the question is do we re-use their existing DN that is used for authenticating everyone, or do we create a new DN and give it essentially the same rights…
- Checking in:
- aftd on stornode3 is still too heavily used
- disk clones (needing that same AFTD) are not finished
- one save group hung itself – save sets claim to be active, but really are not
- Updated staging.pl config files to put the desired used amount lower to give it more buffer. Ultimately, really really really need to increase the throughput from the gzip-1 ZFS pools through NFS (across the 10GbE link) and out the 4Gb FC connection to tape.
- Notified that 8.1.03 was released on 12/2 (yeah, sure it was… NOT! – the directory was there, but no contents). Pulled it.
- The emptying of athens/aftd0 completed in the middle of the night (I got the page at 12:31 AM to prove it — DOH! I did it to myself.). So, just the one last ZFS path to empty off (athens/aftd1) which happens to have 91+ TB stashed away at 1.68x compression using gzip-1. So, if 7TB took 2.5 days, how long will 91TB take? 😉 (EEEK!)
- Updated the w/rsize of the NFS mount from 32768 to 1048576 in the hopes of making it read faster.
- Data Domain upgraded to DDOS 184.108.40.206-404909