This has been resolved. If you continue to see this problem, please contact email@example.com as soon as possible.
Problem: Deploying an assessment in a content area displays a “NullPointerException”. The test can be seen and previewed when edit mode is off, but no other content in the content area is visible. Further, attempting to access the “Tests” or “Surveys” area of the “Tests, Surveys and Pools” section of a course displays a similar error.
We are working directly with Blackboard to find a resolution to this issue as soon as possible. In the meantime, please note the following work-arounds:
- Students can still access and submit deployed exams. Results of these exams can be graded and feedback provided via the Grade Center and My Grades, respectively.
- Tests can still be deployed, just not in areas where another test is currently deployed.
- Deployed tests/quizzes can be edited by going into the grade center, clicking on the grey icon next to the column name for the test, and choosing “Edit Test”. From there instructors can add/edit the questions, or edit the options by selecting from the grey button to the right of the test name in the edit test screen.
- Content that shares a content area with a deployed assessment will be inaccessible to the instructor, however students may in some cases be able to access that content.
- Instructors can access sub-folders that exist in the same area as a deployed test by clicking the folder icon at the top of the course menu and navigating from there.
To deploy a new tests, deploying each test in its own folder will allow tests to be delivered to students without interfering with instructor access to the rest of the content areas. For example, one might create a new content area on the left hand menu entitled “Quizzes 2”, and structure it like so:
- Quiz 1 Folder
- …..> Quiz 1 (inside Quiz 1 folder)
- Quiz 2 Folder
- …..> Quiz 2 (inside Quiz 2 folder)