My last visit took me back to a slightly snow covered area. It had become the crisp cool habitat that settles into woods this time of year, before real snow hits and after the last leaves of Autumn have fallen. Being here really let me step back and reflect on the semester, taking a break from worrying about finals. The phenology site was supposed to let use connect with the land and feel a sense of place. To be honest I really didn’t know what that meant, however being in the this place in the woods for the past few months did give me something. Going to college was going to a whole new place, in a new city, where I knew no one and nothing. Settling in takes time and going to the site for the last time I realized that I did know it. I knew how to get there, how many people would be on the trials, what animals might be around and the different trees in the area. Unfortunately I forgot how the cold effects cellphone battery, so there are no photos. Enjoy the interpretative drawing I have made below.

export-2

Adopt the pace of nature: her secret is patience.

-Ralph Waldo Emerson

« »