Final Trip for the Season

I returned to my neck of the woods for my final excursion of the season on a mild afternoon. Not much has changed since my last visit. I noticed the little guy pictured below on a severed branch, but I am unsure of his species. It is getting greener and greener as the season continues to change and the transition towards warmer weather is in full effect. Although humans are not dependent on this land for utilitarian purposes, this spot still serves a function culturally within the area. There are signs of recreation by humans throughout the trail, and I have seen people on hikes in the area. Nature is one with culture if it holds the same intrinsic value which societal cultural staples tend to hold. For this reason, I feel that this natural area provides a piece of cultural identity for anybody which finds a sense of place there. In addition, I believe that that this makes me a part of this place. After tracking the phenological course of this forest, I do feel that I have developed an emotional connection and a sense of familiarity within the surroundings.