Thoughts of the Moment

25 Mar

As a project that is going on as of the current moment, I need to come up with just a few ideas for a podcast. Correction, an “inquiry based” podcast. Podcasts of this form are investigative, have a narrative, and answer a central question. ‘Course who knows what I might like to ask ultimately. Still, there are a few. The following two ideas are the ones that have most come to interest me, that which has stuck in my mind. Maybe I’ll pursue then, maybe I won’t. We’ll just have to see.

1. What are the small moments that blossom into life changing events?
    1. Everyone, and I mean everyone, has experienced this. Little things that seems so inconsequential at the time, but come incredibly important later on. Miniscule details that arise their heads viciously. A slight word that ruptures the peace. You know, that kind of thing.
  2. When does the hated becomes important?
    1. Again, this is pretty universal. Those agonizing moments of sitting through someone’s boring lecture, a tedious meeting, a skill course, or just on the train to work. We all know what it feels like to be forced into a task over and over till it absolutely saps your will. Then, out of nowhere, it is needed. That fire training exercise that your boss had the whole floor tools aids the emergency, the daily commute puts you into the line of saving someone, and a boring lecture might just hold a crucial piece of advice.