Introduction

Hello! Welcome to my Centennial Woods place-based phenology project blog! For my project, I decided to focus on Centennial Woods because I’ve been there many times throughout the semester already, and I’m so excited to observe the changes throughout the seasons! For me, Centennial Woods is the perfect place to explore and connect with nature, and forget about anything stressing me out.

Within Centennial Woods, I chose to focus on the area around the crossroads clearing. This clearing is a crossroads for the trail network, and has many impressive features. To get to this place, enter Centennial Woods at the main trailhead. Then, follow the trail down the hill until you reach a small clearing. Continue to the left, down the hill, and over the footbridges until you reach a second small clearing. Here, take the trail to the right, walking over the footbridges to the bottom of the hill, and then continue following the boardwalk through the Centennial Brook floodplain. Once you pass the “Muddy Buddies” sign, follow the trail in front of you until you reach the crossroads clearing.

Shepherd, A. (2020). [Photograph of Centennial Woods trailhead sign].