Last Visit

I had chosen a new site at the start of this semester that was more easy for me to access, but now that I am able to get to my Centennial Woods site, I’ve been visiting there. I went this week for my last visit of the semester and it was very rainy, but beautiful. The rain and dreary-ness really made the green of the plants stand out. Nature and culture absolutely intertwine at my area. The Centennial Woods Natural Area existed before being a part of UVM, but now it is such an important part of UVM and serves so many students, including me! I do consider myself a part of my site. When the phenology blog was first assigned and I went to my spot, I loved it right away. I had a really hard time adjusting to college, so I would spend lots of time in my spot just looking around and enjoying the peace and quiet. It was nice to have a spot to escape, that was still technically part of campus. I was so glad to be able to get back eventually and spend some time there again. It’s been really great to see my area change as the seasons change throughout this year. I can’t wait to be back in the fall and see my spot and compare it to the way it was last fall. Unfortunately, there is some construction going on close to my area (not sure what, but I have seen trees being cut down), so I am a little curious if this will have any effect on my spot.