- Create/alter aliases dspace-last and dspace-current to reflect new /usr/local/src directory structure
- compare /usr/local/src/dspace-last/conf/dspace.cfg to /usr/local/src/dspace-last/conf/dspace.cfg, merge
- copy extra jar files from dspace-last/lib to dspace-current-lib:
- cd /usr/local/src/dspace-current
- cp ../dspace-last/lib/jai_* lib
- cp ../dspace-last/lib/mlibwrapper_jai.jar lib
- cp ../dspace-last/lib/postgresql.jar lib
- Remove the old version of xerces.jar from your installation, so it is not inadvertently later used:
- compare and merge /usr/local/src/dspace-last/src/org/dspace/app/mediafilter/MediaFilter.java /usr/local/src/dspace-current/src/org/dspace/app/mediafilter/MediaFilter.java
- copy local jsp files from /usr/local/src/dspace-last/jsp/local to /usr/local/src/dspace-current/local and merge/compare with new default files.
- Build and install the updated DSpace 1.3.1 code. Go to the [dspace-1.3.1-source] directory, and run:
ant -Dconfig=[dspace]/config/dspace.cfg update
- go to http://badger.uvm.edu/ , click on Tomcat Manager, enter secret words. Stop and undeploy /dspace and /dspace-oai
- deploy war file at jar:file:/usr/local/src/dspace-current/build/dspace.war!/
- deploy war file at jar:file:/usr/local/src/dspace-current/build/dspace-oai.war!/
Surprisingly, it all seemed to work.
LDAP logins still broken, however: need ldap.uvm.edu certificate added to JAVA_HOME security keystore.
While waiting for that, it’s probably a good time to work on some custom authorization code to force e-people regitsered via LDAP into a UVM group.