The Tarrant Institute has recently begun piloting a trial of Badgestack, an online badging platform, featuring level dynamics, friending and hidden rewards. As part of a course they’re taking via Badgestack, Susan and Audrey recorded this Google+ hangout to talk about how Badgestack might work in a middle school classroom, and their love-hate relationship with The Leaderboard.
Tags1:1 3-d printer ARIS badges badgestack book trailers cabot dcf awards digital literacy digital storytelling distance learning edge edmodo gaming geography Google+ hangouts harwood Hunt iMovie iPad ipads maps MEMS minecraft place-based learning QR codes reflection STEM student mentors student voice VGo
Partnering with middle schools to improve the education of young adolescents in Vermont through technology-rich learning.
- In the spotlight: Harwood Union Middle School
- Just say no to dinosaurs
- Blogger of the week: Valerie Sullivan
- Edge Innovation Tour
- Minecraft as a digital storytelling tool
- The great twitter science teacher hunt
- Technology enhancing education at MEMS
- iPads in VT: we came, we saw, we apped
- “The students showed me how it was done”: Students and colleagues as educator resources
- Penny Bishop interviewed for Champlain Inititiative series